To all our valued guests,
We want to take this opportunity to give you an insight into how life at Primitivo is going to look under the “new norm.”
We are now back open as normal with the following trading hours;
Tuesday 11.00-20.00 (Kitchen closes at 16.00)
Wednesday 11.00-22.00 (Kitchen closes at 20.00)
Thursday 11.00-22.00 (Kitchen closes at 20.00)
Friday 11.00-22.00 (Kitchen closes at 20.00)
Government advice is being continually updated and we are following these guidelines stringently. We will keep you updated as and when the advice changes and what we are doing to adhere to any new guidelines.
We look forward to continuing to welcome you in and providing a safe, hospitable environment.
Keeping You Safe
Our number one priority is the safety of our guests and team. In accordance with current guidelines, here are some of the measures we are taking;
- We have teamed up with Quandoo who give us a platform for online bookings for both bar and restaurant. Whilst booking is recommended, we will of course take walk-ins where possible
- Currently, in accordance with new legislation, we are only able to accommodate tables up to a maximum of six people so please be aware of this when booking. Tables of six are allowed to be from multiple households
- Upon arrival you will be greeted at the door by our host who will ask you to sanitise your hands using the foot-operated sanitiser at the specified entrance
- Once seated, there are QR codes on all the tables for Track & Trace details. We ask that all guests fill this out for your own safety and well-being
- Our furniture has been positioned according to Government advice on social distancing and we kindly request you do not move chairs or tables to help us maintain this system
- Whether you are dining or drinking, we are operating table-service only to remove any need for you to come to the bar
- We have a one-way “traffic flow” system throughout the building with specified entrances and exits
- We have installed hand sanitising stations dotted across the bar and restaurant which we would like you to use on entrance and throughout your visit
- We are increasing our housekeeping duties which includes sanitising all contact points at regular intervals, as well as our usual good practices we follow every day
- We will be undergoing a monthly fogging of the premises which kills any bacteria or virus on soft furnishings and hard surfaces
- We are fortunate to have bifolding doors which will be kept open when possible to allow for good air circulation, alongside our air extraction system
- We will be adhering to social distancing and kindly ask that you follow these measures
- We have installed sneeze guards at the bar area
- As always, we are cleaning and sanitising our washrooms regularly. We will also be limiting numbers of people allowed in the washrooms at any one time
- We encourage you to make payments by contactless or chip-and-pin
- We kindly ask that if you wish to smoke, you do so across the road at a distance of at least two metres from any part of the restaurant & bar
- We politely ask that if you are showing any symptoms of illness such as high temperature or cough, please refrain from entering the premises
Dining & Bar
We have recently redesigned the menu with options that are available for both dining in as well as taking out. We have sustainable, single-use boxes for takeaway food and drinks. Some of the practices within the kitchen will be changing as follows;
- We will be minimising contact with food. This means our chefs will be wearing face-masks and single-use gloves where possible and safe to do so
- Crockery will be cleared by a specified member of staff with minimal contact
- Our condiments are now single-use where possible and not be left on tables to minimise risk of contamination. If you require any sauces, salt or vinegar please ask!
- We are fortunate to have the Barwick Suite to help us maintain distance between tables and allowing us more room for manoeuvre
- Staff members will only hold glasses by the base or stem in order to minimise contact
- Credit card machines will be brought to your table and sanitised after every use
Behind The Scenes
There are new practices going on behind the scenes which may not be immediately obvious. These are ways in which we are able to maintain customer and team safety but which do not directly affect our service and include;
- Our deliveries are being made through a specified, non-customer entrance
- Our staff will be sanitising their hands at regular intervals after any contact or every 20 minutes, whichever occurs first
- All of the staff have undertaken the COVID-19 training courses & risk assessment to familiarize ourselves with good practice under the “new norm”
- Staff are wearing PPE where required, face-masks & single-use gloves are available
- We are adjusting our staffing numbers and shift patterns so staff are not arriving en-masse and can maintain distance
- Our Chefs and Front of House team will be working back-to-back or side-to-side, minimising face-to-face contact
We are pleased to be back open and running again. Please feel free to drop us an email with any questions you may have and we will get back to you!
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
From the whole team at Primitivo, we hope you are staying safe and can’t wait to welcome you back!