To all of our valued guests,
We want to take this opportunity to give you an insight into how life at Primitivo is going to look under the “new norm.”
As you are aware, we closed our doors back in March in line with Government rules in order to maintain the safety of our customers and guests. During this time we have been itching to get back open to provide you with the high quality customer service, food and drinks we are famed for.
Government advice is being continually updated and we are following these guidelines stringently. We will keep you updated as and when the advice changes and what we are doing to adhere to any new guidelines. As we move closer to reopening we are altering our offering and the ways in which we can provide this for you.
When we do reopen on the 29th July, we will be operating reduced hours to begin with. They will be as follows; Wednesday – Friday 10.00 – 22.00. This will help us keep you safe.
We look forward to welcoming you back in and continuing to provide a warm, hospitable and safe environment.
Keeping You Safe
Our number one priority is the safety of our guests and team. In accordance with current guidelines, here are some of the measures we are taking;
- We are increasing our housekeeping duties which includes sanitising all contact points at regular intervals, as well as our usual good practices we follow every day
- We will be undergoing a monthly fogging of the premises which kills any bacteria or virus on soft furnishings and hard surfaces
- We are fortunate to have bifolding doors which will be kept open when possible to allow for good air circulation, alongside our air extraction system
- We will be adhering to social distancing and kindly ask that you follow these measures
- We have installed hand sanitising stations dotted across the bar and restaurant which we would like you to use on entrance and throughout your visit
- We have installed sneeze guards at the bar area
- Our washrooms will be sanitised and cleaned regularly
- We are looking at alternative ways of taking orders. We have access to an online ordering app which will be accessible through a QR code so you can order directly from your phone, one less contact point! We will also have single-use menus which will be disposed of after every use
- We encourage you to make payments by contactless or chip-and-pin
- We kindly ask that if you wish to smoke, you do so across the road at a distance of at least two metres from any part of the restaurant & bar
- We politely ask that if you are showing any symptoms of illness such as high temperature or cough, please refrain from entering the premises
- We will be operating table service only where all orders are brought directly to your table with no need to go to the bar
- As per Government Guidelines, we will be taking contact details of all of our customers which will be held on file for 21 days in a secure manner. This is to help with contact-tracing as required.
Guests will be greeted at the front door and led to a table. We recommend that our guests reserve a table, if we do not have a table available when you arrive we will ask you to order a drink and kindly stand or sit outside at a responsible distance! We will ask for your mobile number and send you a message when a table becomes available. Unfortunately you will not be able to wait inside.
Dining & Bar
As well as our regular dine-in menu, we will also be offering a dine-out service for you to take away. Our chefs are hard at work designing dishes which will be suitable for taking back to the office or sitting in outdoor areas. Some of the practices within the restaurant will be changing as follows;
- We will be minimising contact with food. This means our chefs will be wearing gloves at all times, changing them as needed and will have minimal contact with plates
- Crockery will be cleared by a specified member of staff with minimal contact
- Condiments & crockery will be brought to your table when seated
- Customers will be encouraged to order via the aforementioned app to lower the number of contact points
- Our take-out service will be available for pre-ordering, online or via email. Please be advised there will a designated “pick-up point” outside the premises.
- We will be opening the Barwick Suite for every-day restaurant & bar service to give us further space
- We will be operating a one-way system for entrance and exit to the building
- The bar will be operating table service without the need for you to come up and order
- Staff members will only hold glasses by the base or stem in order to minimise contact
- Credit card machines will be brought to your table and sanitised after every use
- Please respect one another’s personal space, refrain from shaking hands and do not arrange to meet in large groups
- Please do not move furniture as it has been positioned to adhere to social distancing measures
- Only one person at a time may enter the washroom, no queuing
Behind The Scenes
There are new practices going on behind the scenes which may not be immediately obvious. These are ways in which we are able to maintain customer and team safety but which do not directly affect our service and include;
- Our deliveries will be made through a specified entrance
- Our staff will be undergoing temperature checks and be washing their hands for at least 20 seconds at regular intervals
- All of the staff have undertaken the COVID-19 training courses & risk assessment to familiarize ourselves with good practice under the “new norm”
- Staff will be wearing PPE where required, face-masks & single-use gloves will be available
- We are adjusting our staffing numbers and shift patterns so staff are not arriving en-masse and can maintain distance
- Our Chefs and Front of House team will be working back-to-back or side-to-side, minimising face-to-face contact
We can’t wait to get back to serving you and hope to hit the ground running when we reopen. Please feel free to drop us an email with any questions you may have and we will get back to you!
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
From the whole team at Primitivo, we hope you are staying safe and can’t wait to welcome you back!